TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 4 September, 2006, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mrs A Tremayne, Mrs J Willis, Mr D Turner (County Councillor) and two members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mr A Stratton.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                  OCC Highway matters – the sign indicating the M40 has still not been moved. Since the damage to the Ickford bridge, the road is still closed for repairs by Buckinghamshire County Council. The mobile speed camera vehicle is regularly seen in the village and Councillors asked that a representative from the police attend a forthcoming Council meeting to discuss speeding and other issues affecting the Parish.    

b.                  Pelican crossing – Mr Turner has discussed costings with Mr David Robertson, County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport and he has agreed to attend the October meeting to address the Council’s concerns.

c.                  Affordable housing – nothing further to report.

d.                  Tree planting and maintenance – the new trees on the verges on the A418 are to be trimmed in October.

e.                  M40 road noise levels – a summary of the meeting on 19 July has been put in the wallet. There is a further meeting of the M40 Group towards the end of September.

f.                    SODC Free Tree Scheme – following further discussion it was agreed not to take up the offer because of the maintenance requirements afterwards.

g.                  Thames Valley Police briefing, 21 September. No one able to attend.

h.                  SODC Town and Parish Council Forum, 5 October. No one able to attend.   

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                  P06/W0877/CC – Milton Common Highways Depot, London Road, Milton Common – improvements to existing depot, to include the removal of existing lighting and replacement with new lighting on steel columns up to 12m high, provision of CCTV cameras on steel columns 4.5m high and provision of new security gates and widened access road.

Decision: refused.

b.                  P06/W0881 –  Land adjoining Hillside, Oxford Road, Tiddington – erection of a detached dwelling.

Decision: refused.

 

5.            Correspondence

a.                  OCHA invitation to opening of affordable housing development at Leafield, 21 September, 11.30am. No one able to attend.

b.                  Gambling Act 2005 SODC consultation on the Statement of Licensing Policy – agreed that Mr Nowell-Smith as District Councillor would advise if any response from the Council was required by 27 October.

c.                  SODC consultation on Draft Planning Enforcement Policy – document placed in the wallet and Councillors will discuss any response required at the October meeting for submission by 9 October.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Provision of dog waste bins – information on costings still awaited from SODC.  

b.                  Parish maintenance of grass verges – Mr Turner reported that Chalgrove has an agreement and suggested that it would be worth enquiring of OCC and SODC what their contributions might be towards the costs of their planned maintenance. Clerk to write to the respective departments.

c.                  Donation of £60.00 to Thame and District Citizens Advice Bureau proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mrs Willis. Mr Nowell-Smith declared a personal interest..

d.                  Payment of £4.00 to Thelma Blake for the Three Villages Car Service proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field.

e.                  Payment of £54.50 to Fleur Hughes for the Three Villages Car Service proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field.

f.                    Payment of £81.08 to Playsafety Ltd for RoSPA Playground inspection proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

g.                  Payment of £129.25 to Robinsons Garden Care for mowing the churchyard proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mr Field.

h.                  Payment of £152.75 to Robinsons Garden Care for mowing the playing field proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mr Boughton.

i.                    Payment of £10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mrs Willis.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Tremayne reported that she had done a survey of green recycling bins at Milton Common and 23 were visible on collection day and 16 not. A further reminder in the Newsletter was agreed.

Mrs Tremayne also reported that there had been a three-car accident at the junction of Sandy Lane, apparently speeding being a factor. This highlighted the need for the speed measures which will be installed soon. Mr Turner said that the items needed for the work were on order.

b.                   Mrs Willis asked whether the meeting time of the Council could be brought forward to 7.30pm but it was agreed that this would be difficult for some members, particularly the County Councillor.

c.                   Mr Boughton reported that there were highway problems at the Shabbington turn. Mr Nowell-Smith said that the situation was in hand.

d.                   Mrs Horne reported that the salt bin at Milton Common had been damaged, the road surface was now so bad in Sandy Lane that cars were bottoming out in places and the road surface outside the Lantern Service Station was breaking up. Mr Nowell-Smith also reported a road sign at the A329 junction covered with foliage. Mr Turner to report these matters.

Mrs Horne also asked whether there had been any plans for the Lantern Service Station as there was a rumour that an application was being made for storage. No plans so far.

e.                   Mr Turner mentioned the meeting arranged by ORCC for 14 October at Little Milton to discuss Parish Plans. It was agreed that an enthusiastic volunteer from outside the Council would be required if a survey and plan was to be pursued for Tiddington. A request will be put in the Newsletter.

Mr Turner reported that road repairs as a result of the summer heat throughout Oxfordshire are likely to cost about £4m. Work on the A329 is in hand.

f.                     Mr Nowell-Smith asked Councillors to consider as a matter of urgency who might be asked to be Parish Clerk as no one had come forward in response to the request in the Newsletter. Mrs Knight had given notice she wished to leave on 30 September.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 2 October 2006 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.05pm.