TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 5 September, 2005, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mrs A Tremayne, Mrs J Willis, Mr D Turner (County Councillor) and three members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

No apologies.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   OCC Highway matters – Councillors expressed their disappointment at the inadequate sign for the motorway placed at the Waterstock Turn. It was not visible until too late to turn right and should be positioned before the start of the turn-right lane. Mr Turner to report the concerns to Highways. 

b.                   Affordable housing – no further progress to report. Mr Turner had received a letter from the manager of Centre Caravans expressing his disquiet at the County’s decision to release the land for housing, when he had been given the impression that the land would be leased to Centre Caravans.

c.                   Tree planting and maintenance – Clerk had contacted Kieran Murphy and a written reply to the request to plant a tree is expected. Mr Murphy will also arrange a meeting with the electricity company to discuss installation of the lights. Judith Osborn has also promised written confirmation of the decisions from site visits regarding the chestnut tree and removal of overcrowded tree. OCC will do the work required on the chestnut tree. No formal request from the Parish Council is required.

d.                   M40 road noise levels – Mr Nowell-Smith had yet to contact the Highways Agency but reported that Mr Thompson of Tetsworth had written to SODC asking for support in his campaign. This was forthcoming.

e.                   SODC survey of sports and physical activities to be completed by Mr Stratton.  

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P05/W0464/RET  Sandy Lane Farmhouse – change of use of land to site two temporary buildings for use as veterinary surgery.

Appeal against refusal has been lodged. Parish Council confirmed to the Inspectorate that previous comments made are still valid.

b.                   P05/W0857/R  Three Pigeons Public House, Milton Common – renewal of planning permission P00/N218. Erection of function room and tearoom block.

Decision: approved.

c.                   P05/W0901  42 Ickford Road, Tiddington – erection of two storey extension to front, side and rear.

Mr Field declared a personal and prejudicial interest and withdrew for this item.

Decision: no strong views but consideration be given to the responses from neighbours.

d.                   P05/W0950  The Bungalow, Old London Road, Milton Common – erection of a two storey side extension.

Decision: approved.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  House numbering, Brookside Close – notice had been received that Roca Blanca has been numbered 1A Brookside Close.

b.                  DEFRA Rural Social and Community Programme consultation period ends on 13 October. ORCC’s summary document placed in the wallet and to be discussed at the October meeting.

c.                  Regional Planning Guidance for South East – waste and minerals – placed in the wallet and to be discussed at the October meeting.

d.                  Campaign for Sustainable Communities Bill – placed in the wallet and to be discussed at the October meeting.

e.                  Oxfordshire Provisional Local Transport Plan, 2006-2011 – agreed not to ask for the full plan but to await more details at the consultation stage.

f.                    A letter had been received from Mr Pallant of 62 London Road, Milton Common expressing concerns about the speed of traffic on London Road and suggesting ways of solving the problem. Agreed to put together a list of these concerns and others in the Parish for Mr Turner to arrange a site meeting with OCC Highways. Mr Boughton also asked that the details of the pelican crossing siting be made available before work starts.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Three Villages Hospital Car Service donation – Thelma Blake will invoice the Council on a half-yearly basis for expenses incurred, so no further donation is required.

b.                  Payment of £50.00 to Wheatley Park School for prizegiving sponsorship proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

c.                  Payment of £50.00 to Friends of Meadowcroft proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Boughton.

d.                  Purchase of ecosacks – proposed by Mrs Willis and seconded by Mr Stratton that Clerk would purchase up to 40 sacks if and when required. Take-up has not been as good as hoped.

e.                  Payment of £1,180.00 to Z M Knight for Clerk’s salary April – September proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mr Stratton.

f.                    Payment of £35.00 to M A Wise for hedgecutting proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Boughton.

g.                  Payment of £79.90 to Playground Management Ltd for ROSPA playground annual inspection proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

h.                  Payment of £70.50 to MediaLane International for website management June – August 2005 proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mrs Tremayne.

i.                    Payment of £10.99 to Z M Knight for administration expenses proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Boughton.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Tremayne reported that dog fouling has become a serious problem on the Old London Road, Milton Common. Clerk to provide a notice for the notice board and mention it in the next Newsletter. Also to consider more permanent notices to be placed at strategic points.

b.                   Mrs Willis asked Mr Turner about the cleaning or painting of the white gates at the entrance to the village. Mr Turner to investigate. 

c.                   Mr Stratton reported that the fete had made approximately £1,200.00 profit and the wider notices had attracted visitors from further afield.

Mr Stratton also reported that the ROSPA playground inspection report had highlighted several concerns and Mr Stratton would be having a meeting on Tuesday with Trevor Stewart, builder of the play equipment, to discuss the repairs and ask for a quote to do the work. It was agreed that the Council would provide the finance up to a maximum of £500.00.

Mr Stratton announced that there would be a Tea Dance on 25 September and the Heart of England Jazz Band would return on 19 November.

d.                   Mr Field reported that there were loose kerbstones on the corner of North Close with Ickford Road. Clerk to report.

Mr Field reported that residents in Brookside Close were concerned about the removal of the boundary wall at no. 15. Agreed to write to SODC in relation to the planning application.

e.                   Mr Turner reported that there was a useful map of bus routes available free on request.

f.                     Clerk reported concerns about overgrown brambles blocking the pavement in Brookside Close. Mr Field to inspect. Mrs Tremayne also expressed concern about the overgrown hedge on the London Road towards the Belfry. Clerk to report to Highways.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 10 October 2005 at 8.00pm (please note second Monday)

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.55pm.