TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 1 September, 2003, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor) Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mr W Tremayne, Mrs J Willis and Mrs A Purse (County Councillor)

                                                 

1.                   Apologies

No apologies

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   OCC Highway matters – agreed to suggest to OCC that the Parish Council would be prepared to pay towards the cost of the pelican crossing.

Further traffic calming measures for the A418 are to be investigated including flashing “slow” signs at the entrances to the village. 

b.                   Affordable housing survey – awaiting analysis of results for October meeting.

c.                   SODC Community Waste Service – an acknowledgement to the latest letter confirmed a review in October.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                  P03/W0576  Ferndale, Tiddington – double garage with study over.

Decision: SODC granted.

b.                   P03/E0295  3 Albury View, Tiddington – erection of conservatory to the rear of the dwelling.

Decision: no strong views.

c.                   P03/W0660/RET  Albury Grange, Albury – erection of brick walls around swimming pool, small boundary fence and additional lighting around driveway.

Decision: no strong views.

d.                   P03/NO248/O  Lantern Service Station, Milton Common – Mr Tremayne reported that planning permission had been granted in July. Agreed to write to Planning Department requesting a copy of the decision and stressing that the Service Station is in this parish.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  Local Authorities (Members’ Allowances) (England) Regulations 2003 – letter from SODC asked whether the Council intend to pay a parish basic allowance and travel and subsistence allowance. It was agreed by all Councillors that the Council would not pay allowances.     

b.                  Planning Training Sessions – Mr Field and Mr Tremayne hope to attend at Wheatley on 9 October at 6.00pm and Mrs Willis and Clerk at Thame on 23 October at 6.00pm.

c.                  Thame Area Forum, Monday 8 September, 7.00pm, Little Milton Village Hall – Mr Boughton and Mr Tremayne to attend.

d.                  Crimestoppers Week 15-20 September – to be publicised around the village.

e.                  SODC Performance Plan – Clerk to complete questionnaire from consensus of Councillors’ responses.

f.                    South Oxfordshire Design Guide – minor changes to include provision for recycling facilities and refuse storage were approved.

g.                  Thame and District Citizens Advice Bureau will hold an Open Evening at the Barns Centre on 22 September, 7.00-9.00pm.

h.                  Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association will hold its AGM on 7 October, 7.30pm in Radley Village Hall.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Annual risk assessment – it was agreed to timetable the annual assessment when insurance cover is renewed in June. Meanwhile the grasscutting contract is reviewed at the beginning of each season, Mr Morrish cleans the old bus shelter and Mr Tremayne the shelter at Milton Common. Mr Field to check with Mr Adams regarding maintenance of the VE-Day commemorative seat. It was agreed that an annual internal audit was sufficient.   

b.                  CPRE membership renewal – on a vote of 2 – 1 with 3 abstentions it was agreed not to renew membership. 

c.                  Payment of £35.00 to the Friends of Meadowcroft proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mr Boughton.

d.                  Payment of £890.00 to Z.M. Knight for Clerk’s salary April-September proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Tremayne.

e.                  Payment of £45.91 to Z.M. Knight for administrative expenses proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

f.                    Payment of £10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                  Mrs Purse asked for a copy of the letter received from Trevor Gwynne of SODC and Mr Nowell-Smith to contact Trevor Gwynne regarding the flooding from The Fox.

Mrs Purse will contact Gordon Hunt of OCC regarding the Ickford Road problems and ask him to report back.

Mrs Purse asked that the letter sent to Mr Khan be copied to Richard Dix at Speedwell House.

Lorries were still turning in the village, averaging one a day and Mr Field reported that recently two lorries were stopped at the M40 roundabout unsure which way to go. Mrs Purse to report back these facts to OCC. Meanwhile a suggestion for a sign indicating the southbound M40 at the Waterstock Turn to be put to the Highways Agency.

Mr Stratton asked that OCC prepare a timescale for jobs so that the Council would know when to expect action, even if it was some time in the future. Mrs Purse said that they were aiming towards it.

b.                  Mrs Willis asked about the allotments in Tiddington. Mr Field said that they were privately owned but that he would enquire about the vacant plot.

Mrs Willis also asked whether the Blood Transfusion Service ever held sessions at the Village Hall. It was agreed that Mrs Willis should enquire about the possibility.

Mrs Willis asked for an explanation of quality parish councils and Clerk said that this might be considered but that the Clerk would be required to undergo further training and submit a portfolio before the Parish Council could acquire quality status. However this status would allow greater liaison with District and County Councils.

Mrs Willis asked whether the enquiry about a late bus included in the July wallet had been followed up. To be investigated.

c.                  Mr Tremayne reported that there were early buses to Haddenham from Milton Common which were little known. It was agreed that Mr Tremayne would draft a note for the next Newsletter.

d.                   Mr Stratton asked that the incorrect bus timetable at the 280 eastbound bus stop be corrected as soon as possible.

Mr Stratton reported that the Village Hall Fete had made over £800.00.

e.                   Mr Field reported that the drain outside no.23 Albury View needed attention. Clerk to report.

f.                     Mr Nowell-Smith reported that the Albury View sign outside no.1 requires repainting. Clerk to report.

Mr Nowell-Smith said that there would be a Gardeners’ Question Time in aid of Church funds on 4 October.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 6 October 2003 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.20pm.