TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 10 October, 2005, 8.00pm at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present: Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mrs J Willis, Mr D Turner (County Councillor), Mrs S Willers (ORCC) and four members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mrs A Tremayne.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   OCC Highway matters Mr Turner reported that OCC will put another sign indicating the M40 well before the Waterstock Turn.

b.                   Affordable housing Suzanne Willers reported that the Village Hall had been booked for 1 November from 4.00-8.00pm for an exhibition of the proposed plans. Representatives from OCHA, SODC and ORCC will attend. There will be a comments box and people will be able to register their interest. It was agreed to circulate a flyer to all households and Suzanne would provide a sample of possible wording from a previous development.

c.                   Tree planting and maintenance Judith Osborn had reported that OCC were not happy for a fir tree to be planted on the proposed site because of the surrounding utilities. It was agreed that Mr Field, Mr Stratton and the Clerk would look again at the site in the light of this comment. Judith Osborn had said that the thinning out of the trees would be done but it could take a while. Clerk to ask OCC whether the Parish Council could undertake the work, contacting the electricity company regarding the overhead wires.

d.                   M40 road noise levels Mr Nowell-Smith reported that he is awaiting a call from Darren Rhoden of the Highways Agency regarding the suggestion for screening, the cost of which would not be as prohibitive as resurfacing.

e.                   DEFRA Rural Social and Community Programme consultation Clerk to complete the questionnaire based on the feedback from the meeting she had attended.

f.                     Regional Planning Guidance for South East waste and minerals consultation agreed that there was no need for a further response.

g.                   Campaign for Sustainable Communities Bill consultation Mrs Willis proposed and Mr Field seconded that the campaign be supported. This was agreed.

h.                   London Road, Milton Common safety concerns Mr Turner reported that a site meeting had been arranged with Peter Ronald of OCC for 27 October at 10.30am outside the Lantern Service Station. Clerk to notify Mr Pallant, Mr Cadle of the Lantern and send copies of the photographs to Mr Ronald.

i.                     Dog fouling, Milton Common Clerk had received four signs and would meet with Elaine Horne to discuss where to place them.

j.                     Ecosacks SODC were now providing the recyclable sacks at 30p each and green sacks had been withdrawn from sale. Collections will continue until the week before Christmas. It was agreed not to continue with any subsidy for concessions.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P05/W0782 Rosewood, Ickford Road, Tiddington erection of ancillary barn style building in garden for use as games room and storage.

Decision: SODC granted.

b.                   P05/W0857/R Three Pigeons Public House, Milton Common renewal of planning permission P00/N218. Erection of function room and tearoom block.

Decision: SODC granted.

c.                   15 Brookside Close Mr Nowell-Smith to contact the planning case officer Mr Moore after he has spoken to the residents.

 

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  Oxfordshire Structure Plan 2016 notice had been received that the plan has been adopted.

b.                  SODC Weekly planning lists Clerk reported that these will now be received by email.

c.                  ORCC AGM, Friday, 2 December, 11.00am, 333 Banbury Road Mr Stratton to attend.

d.                  OPFA AGM, Tuesday, 25 October, 7.30pm, Sandford on Thames no one able to attend.

e.                  21,000 new homes Oxfordshire 2016-2026 agreed not to respond to the consultation.

f.                    Oxfordshire Transport Co-ordinator post future from April 2006 - agreed not to respond to the consultation.

g.                  Oxfordshire Minerals and Waste Development Framework statement of community involvement agreed not to respond to the consultation.

h.                  South Oxfordshire Local Plan 2011 proposed modifications had been received.

i.                    Wheatley Park School Prize Giving invitation to attend as a sponsor on 17 October at 7.00pm had been received. Mr Stratton to attend.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Conclusion of Annual Audit and issues arising notice had been received that the annual audit had been completed. It had been indicated that a grant to the Cricket Club could be made under delegated powers and not as an S137 payment. This will be noted when payment is made at the appropriate time.

b.                  Contribution to cost of Village Hall floor maintenance payment of 50% of the cost of re-sealing the floor, approximately 250.00, proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mrs Willis. It was agreed to pay the full amount to reclaim VAT and receive back from the Village Hall 50% of the net cost. Payment of 407.72 to Flooring Trade Sales proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

c.                  Payment of 25.00 to OPFA for renewal of membership proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

d.                  Payment of 141.00 to BDO Stoy Hayward LLP for annual audit 2004/2005 proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

e.                  Payment of 209.00 to Parchment (Oxford) Ltd for Newsletter printing Oct/Nov proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mr Stratton.

f.                    Payment of 229.12 to Robinsons Garden Care for mowing the playing field Jun-Aug proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

g.                  Payment of 193.87 to Robinsons Garden Care for mowing the churchyard Jun-Aug proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mr Stratton.

h.                  Payment of 15.00 to SODC for 50 ecosacks proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

i.                    Payment of 10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Stratton.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mr Boughton asked Mr Turner about the timescale for the pelican crossing. Mr Turner said that the plans and other preparations were being completed in this financial year and construction will follow as soon as possible in the new financial year.

Mr Boughton reported a broken manhole cover near the junction of the Ickford Road with the Thame Road. Clerk to report.

b.                   Mr Stratton reported that SODC had turned down the grant application for the Village Hall improvements, giving the reasons as not enough consultation with local residents and the larger kitchen created a safety hazard. Mr Stratton felt these reasons were unfair as consultation had taken place and he felt that the plans had not been correctly interpreted. Mr Stratton had needed to chase SODC to learn of their decision and had thus missed the deadline for the next round of grants. No appeal was possible. Mr Nowell-Smith to pursue the concerns with SODC.

Mr Stratton also reported that he had met with Trevor Stewart regarding the ROSPA playground inspection report. A quote of 580.00 had been received for completion of the following: remove concrete from mound and replace with mats, supply matting for the entrances, hooks on goal posts to be replaced with cable ties and extra bark.

Mr Stratton announced that there would be a Race Night on 15 October for Church funds and the Church Christmas Bazaar and the Heart of England Jazz Band will both be on 19 November.

c.                   Mr Field reported that the scaffolding erected at Gardeners Cottage in Sandy Lane protruded over the highway at one point and could be a hazard to high-sided vehicles. Clerk to write to Dr Barbara Bennett to make her aware of the situation.

Mr Field commented that cars were bringing children for the school bus and parking outside the Old Forge, causing a hazard.

Mr Field also reported that people were parking in the Village Hall car park and letting their dogs into the playing field.

d.                   Mr Giddy reported that he had met with Boris Johnson, MP and advised him of the planning problems and enforcement weaknesses in relation to the Sandy Lane Veterinary Surgery. Mr Johnson promised to pursue the matter with John Prescott.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 7 November at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.25pm.