TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 6th November, 2006, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr D Turner (County Councillor), Mrs J Willis and four members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mr A Stratton, Mrs A Tremayne,

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                  Mr Nowell-Smith opened the meeting by introducing the new Clerk, Mrs Jenny Stoker, who was welcomed by the Councillors.

b.                  Mr Nowell-Smith advised that he had written to David Robertson and Boris Johnson to express disappointment at the de-prioritisation of the pelican crossing and astonishment at the revised cost of the project, but had received an unsatisfactory reply from Mr Johnson, and would, therefore, write again to press for assistance.  Meanwhile, a comparison of costs of a similar crossing at Stadhampton will be sought, together with a breakdown of the cost £80,000 quoted for this village.  There have been reports of a decline in lorry traffic on the Ickford Road and bridge, and it was queried whether this was a seasonal factor; Mr Field said he would ask local residents for their views.  The roundels have been completed at Milton Common and the gates are in place which has resulted in a noticeable reduction in the speed of traffic using the road.  The hedges have also now been trimmed.  The M40 sign has not yet been moved.

c.                  Maintenance of grass verges – no further response from OCC.

d.                  Provision of dog waste bins – the matter has been referred to Adam Walton at Environmental Health.  Mr Nowell-Smith will write to progress the matter.

e.                  Affordable housing – OCHA is looking for a more competitive contractor.  It was noted that whilst the sawmill was not sited in the yard, it was unclear where waste was left.  However, surveying issues need to be resolved before anything further can be done.

f.                    Tree planting and maintenance – it was noted that Mr Stratton was in touch with Mike Robinson regarding the provision of a Christmas tree and Mr Field will trim the trees on the verges soon.  

g.                  M40 road noise levels – Mrs Horne advised that Tetsworth Parish Council is holding a Public Meeting at 7.30 on Monday 20th November 2006 at the Tetsworth Village Hall on the topic of noise nuisance from the M40 and what might be done about it. Posters will be displayed on the village notice boards.  

h.                  Wheatley School Prize-giving – Mrs Knight attended the prize giving, which was a very pleasant evening, and had received two letters of thanks with a further three expected.  Details of the prizes sponsored were circulated via the wallet.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                  P05/W0950 – The Bungalow, Old London Road, Milton Common – erection of two storey side extension.  Decision: appeal dismissed.

b.                  P06/W0877/CC - Highways Depot, Milton Common – improvements including lighting on columns, CCTV, new security gates and widened access.  Decision: SODC granted.  Light levels to be monitored.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  SODC site allocations development plan – questionnaires have been completed which will be collated and summarised to present a consensus view.  Individuals may submit their own questionnaires if they wish. 

b.                  OCC review of supported bus services – an introductory document has been received with notification of a review of supported services.  This will apply to the 275 route through Milton Common, but not the 280.  We await the formal consultation documents, and in the meantime details have been put in the wallet.  It was highlighted that liaison with the Haseleys and the Miltons would be helpful to lend weight to our response.

c.                  OCC simplification of bus fares – a letter outlining initial ideas for incremental bus fares and/or zoning has been received for consideration, and has been circulated via the wallet.

d.                  A notice of a meeting to address emergency planning for business has been received.  The meeting will be held on Monday 27 November, 2-4pm, at the SODC Council Offices in Crowmarsh Gifford.

e.                  Buckinghamshire CC – Waste Development Plan – sites are being identified as part of the Buckinghamshire Minerals and Waste Development Local Plan.  It was noted that North Worminghall is part of this plan.  A letter will be sent to notify BCC of concern raised about the possible increase in traffic on the small lanes surrounding the area in Oxfordshire.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  The audit for 2005/6 has been completed by BDO Stoy Hayward. The auditors queried the sufficiency of the fidelity guarantee.  The Parish Council considers the fidelity guarantee to be sufficient, and, as a small council, that the cost of additional insurance is disproportionate to the risk involved.  The auditors recommended that the internal auditor verifies the register of assets at the next review.

b.                  South and Vale Carers Centre - a donation of £30 proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mr Field.  

c.                  Payment of £158.63 to BDO Stoy Hayward LLP for auditing 2005/6 accounts proposed by Mr Boughton,  seconded by Mr Field.

d.                  Payment of £1454 to Mrs Z Knight for Clerk’s salary April to October 2006 (incl.) proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mrs Willis.

e.                  Payment of £36.99 to Mrs Z Knight for Clerk’s telephone expenses Mrs Willis proposed, seconded by Mr Field.

f.                    Payment of £10 for petty cash proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mrs Willis

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Willis raised the issue of the recent water main flooding on A418 which resulted in silt flowing down to drains by Spring Cottage and Tudor Cottage. These need clearing to avoid further flooding.  Mrs Willis has written and would like OCC to address the layout of the drains to reduce any further incidents.  The Parish Council agreed to write in support.  Mr Turner will help with obtaining flood signs and bollards to reduce associated traffic spray.

b.                   Mr Boughton reported the poor state of repair of the gates on the A418.  New gates are required at each end of Tiddington and village name signs are missing; this was noted by Mr Turner.

c.                   Mr Field asked about the Cricket Club grant – funds are available and we await the application from the Club.

d.                   Mrs Knight advised that Inspector S Dunbar from Thames Valley police will be attending the next Parish Council Meeting.  A notice will be displayed to ask for questions or concerns in advance of the meeting.

e.                   Mr Price advised that, following discussion with the Planning Department, new plans are being submitted for a house on the land belonging to Tudor Cottage, subject to the removal of the garage.

f.                     Mr Field raised the issue of water discharging from the ditch by the Fox and ownership of the area involved needs to be addressed in order to press for action.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 4 December 2006 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.00pm.