TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 6 March, 2006, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mrs A Tremayne, Mrs J Willis, Mr D Turner (County Councillor) and one member of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mr A Stratton.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   OCC Highway matters – Mr Turner reported that the order had been raised for moving the sign indicating the M40 before the Waterstock Turn.

Cleaning of the signs at both ends of the village has been completed.

Mr Richard Ilbery had cut the hedge on the Ickford Road and would not be charging the Council. Clerk had personally thanked Mr Ilbery.

Peter Ronald of OCC had asked that any photographic evidence of the heavy lorries using the Ickford bridges include registration numbers as OCC would be able to check on the weights through the national database.

b.                   Affordable housing – Councillors discussed the plans for nine homes provided by the architects. It was agreed to comment that the 2-bed homes cut off access to the rest of the site, thus precluding any further development if that was feasible and leaving a “no man’s land” before the wooded area. Also the 3-bed home appeared to be rather far forward. Clerk reported that she had met with Suzanne Willers, Marita from OCHA and Mark from SODC that morning to show the line of the path to the Oxfordshire Way with a view to leaving access past the housing.

c.                   Tree planting and maintenance – Mr Field reported that Mike Robinson needed to remove a tree in relation to his business and would be prepared to relocate it outside Tudor Cottage. Mr Field will check on its suitability and pursue.

d.                   M40 road noise levels – nothing further to report.

e.                   Milton Common notice board sign – Clerk reported that she had placed an order for a new sign but had indicated disappointment at the deterioration of the old sign. Filcris replied that they would be prepared to replace free of charge if they received photographic evidence and a description. Mr Field and Clerk had supplied three photographs and the new sign is awaited.

f.                     Milton Common website – Mr Stratton had been liaising with Mary Wakefield who was responsible for the Great Milton website. No response had been received from Great Haseley. 

g.                   SODC new garden waste collection service – a standard reply letter had been received from Mr Backley of SODC explaining the new service but not answering our particular concerns. Mr Nowell-Smith suggested that a reply should be sent to Mr Backley with a copy to Councillor Dodds urging the Council to continue the ecosacks and the green skips. This was agreed.

h.                   SODC Housing Strategy questionnaire – Councillors had indicated their choices and it was agreed that the Clerk would collate and agree the final submission with the Chairman.

i.                     Electricity Board redundant poles – Mr Field and Clerk had inspected the problem but would discuss with Mr Morrish when he is available.  

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P05/W1126  Brimpton Cottage, London Road, Milton Common – two and single storey extensions.

Appeal lodged against SODC refusal to grant permission. Agreed to make further response in support of the application.

b.                   P05/W1276  42 Ickford Road, Tiddington – erection of a two storey extension to the front, side and rear.

Decision: SODC refused.

c.                   P06/W0150  Tudor Cottage, Tiddington – conversion and extension of existing building to form a single dwelling and associated parking.

Decision: approved. Mrs Willis declared a personal interest.

 

5.                   Correspondence

No correspondence.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Three Villages Hospital Car Service contribution – report of a recent meeting indicated that a contribution of £75.00 for 2006 from Tiddington would be required, to be paid in two instalments. Any surplus or shortfall at the end of the year would be adjusted in 2007. This was agreed.  

b.                  Payment of £60.00 to Thame and District Citizens Advice Bureau as a donation proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Boughton. Mr Nowell-Smith declared a personal interest.    

c.                  East Oxon Education & Business Partnership Special Educational Needs residential week donation request was declined.

d.                  Payment of £126.00 to Tiddington Village Hall Management Committee for hire of hall 2005/2006 proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mrs Tremayne.

e.                  Payment of £1180.00 to Z M Knight for Clerk’s salary proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Boughton.

f.                    Payment of £10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Field.

g.                  Payment of £76.38 to Robinsons Garden Care for recreation ground maintenance October proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mrs Willis.

h.                  Payment of £129.25 to Robinson Garden Care for churchyard maintenance September/October proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mrs Willis.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Willis asked about the roadworks at North Weston. Mr Turner reported that a cycleway was being built and probably funding would be coming from Sustrans.   

b.                   Mr Boughton asked whether the gates at the entrances to the village will be painted. Mr Turner to pursue.

c.                   Mr Field asked about the sewage smell. Clerk reported that she had not received a reply from Great Milton. Mr Nowell-Smith said that it had been mentioned at the Great Milton Council meeting. 

d.                   Mr Nowell-Smith suggested a litter blitz and the week-end of 8-9 April was agreed. Mr Turner reported that OCC was having a trial of a machine which will suck up litter as it cuts the grass.

e.                   Mr Turner said he had spoken with Peter Ronald that day and he would be available for the May meeting to discuss the road safety plans for London Road, Milton Common.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 3 April 2006 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.45pm.