TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 7 March, 2005, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mrs A Purse (County Councillor) and three members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mrs J Willis.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   Pelican crossing – Mr Ronald did not attend the meeting but a response had been received to an earlier letter to Mr Collins. In it he indicated that the scheme stood a good chance of being included in 2005/06 but a further assessment was in process to see if it and other projects would attract central government funding. Clerk had put together some relevant statistics of traffic flows from the OCC website and details of the number of houses and village facilities on each side of the A418. Mr Stratton had produced a video which was shown and which graphically illustrated the density of traffic on a particular Wednesday morning, 23 February 2005. Mr Stratton was thanked warmly for his efforts. Mrs Purse suggested a further letter to Mr Collins, enclosing the page of statistics and a copy of the video.  

b.                   OCC Highway matters – the sign at the Waterstock Turn indicating the route to the M40 was not yet in place.

c.                   Parish Council vacancy – there had been no request for an election and so the Council was free to co-opt. It was agreed that the Chairman contact Mrs Tremayne to ask whether she might be interested in representing Milton Common or could suggest someone else.

d.                   Affordable housing – nothing further to report.

e.                   Tree planting and maintenance – replies awaited from OCC. Mr Stratton reported that UNIT wished to plant a tree to commemorate UNIT and it was agreed that Mr Field and Mr Stratton identify a suitable site before the Clerk request permission to plant from OCC.

f.                     Tiddington with Albury footpaths 19 and 20 – the latest inspector had made his decision and there was no change to the previous decision.

g.                   Green boxes – Tiddington Garage was in need of a further supply. Clerk to order from SODC.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P04/W1414  Sandy Lane Farmhouse, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – erection of new barn style building for established veterinary practice with practice nurse accommodation. New Klargester biodisc system. Formation of access and car parking.

Decision: SODC refused. Information received that owner intends to erect a temporary building on site and that excavation had begun. Clerk to contact Trevor Brown, Enforcement Officer of SODC.

b.                   P04/W1418/LB  Draycot Cottage, Draycot, Tiddington – repairing of existing wall and reuse ruined wall stone. Construction of a new wall. Erection of fence/gate, amendment no 1.

Decision: SODC granted.

c.                   P05/W0027  Draycot Cottage, Draycot, Tiddington – repair of existing wall and reuse of stone; build a new wall; erect a new gate/fence.

Decision: SODC granted.

d.                   P05/W0033  Land adjacent to Sunnyside, Oxford Road, Tiddington – erection of new dwelling and parking space.

SODC Planning Department intends to recommend approval. Agreed that Mr Nowell-Smith represent the Council in opposing the application at the Planning Committee meeting.

e.                   P05/W0057  Gardeners Cottage, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – alterations and extension to dwelling to form study with bathroom/wc at first floor.

Decision: SODC granted.

f.                     P05/W0067  The Old School, School Lane, Tiddington – extension to consist of new bay window and open porch to side elevation.

Decision: SODC granted.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  Thame Area Forum Meeting, 10 March, 7.00pm, Thame Town Hall – Mr Nowell-Smith and Mr Boughton to attend.

b.                  Standards Board Code of Conduct review – an introduction to the review was distributed to Councillors and the matter will be discussed at the April meeting.

c.                  Tree Preservation Order No 07/2005, Tiddington Area – notice had been received of a provisional order from 1 March on all trees standing within the area of land enclosed by the A418 to the north, the brook to the west, the bottom of the railway embankment to the south and the access to Albury to the east, to the east of Spring Cottage, Thame Road, Tiddington, Grid Ref: SP65110512. Ray Manning expressed concern about the ownership of the land, the subject of a dispute between Mr White and a gypsy. Registration of the land will need to be resolved by April either through the courts or by persuading the gypsy to retract. Mr Brian Price had alerted Judith Osborne of OCC about the possibility of an entrance from the lane to make a hard standing for caravans. Mr Nowell-Smith said that it was very unlikely that planning permission would be given. Council to be in touch with OCC and SODC.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Bus shelter refurbishment – an estimate from Mr Field of £540.00 + VAT was provided. Acceptance was proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Boughton. Mr Field declared a personal interest.

b.                  Village Hall grant – Mr Stratton reported that the extension and refurbishment to the Hall would cost £45,500 and the following grants were being applied for: - SODC £22,750; OCC £8,000; Village Hall Committee £4,000; TOE £3,750; Doris Field Fund £500; Awards for All £4,500. It was agreed that the Parish Council should provide 5% and £2,000 was proposed by Mr Nowell-Smith, seconded by Mr Boughton. Mr Stratton and Mr Field declared a personal interest.

c.                  Concessionary Fares Tokens – to leave the figure at £13.00 per person was proposed by Mr Nowell-Smith, seconded by Mr Stratton.

d.                  Public Liability Insurance – Neighbourhood Watch signs. Notice had been received that Towergate Strovers would no longer provide insurance. It was agreed that the Clerk should investigate other insurers.

e.                  Thame and District Citizens Advice Bureau – a donation of £55.00 was proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

f.                    Childline Midlands and East Anglia donation was declined.

g.                  Payment of £117.00 to Tiddington Village Hall Committee for hire of Hall 2004/05 proposed by Mr Nowell-Smith, seconded by Mr Boughton.

h.                  Payment of £917.00 to Z M Knight for Clerk’s salary October-March proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mr Boughton asked whether twinning had ever been considered. Mr Stratton asked what benefits there might be for the village and suggested that Mr Boughton investigate further, This was agreed.

Mr Boughton reported that NatWest were considering higher interest accounts and would be in touch when details were forthcoming.  

b.                   Mr Field reported that heavy lorries were still using the Ickford Bridges route to reach the Worminghall industrial site. Agreed to write to Brian Short of OCC to alert him to the problem and enquire about development controls in Buckinghamshire.

Mr Field asked that any planning applications should be considered by all Councillors and a site visit be arranged if necessary. This was agreed.

c.                   Mr Nowell-Smith reported for information that the landlord of the Three Pigeons was considering having a short stay recreational site for five caravans on the land. It was agreed that this would help towards tidying the area and making the business more viable.

d.                   The Clerk suggested that a Litter Blitz be arranged for April and that this could be conveniently publicised in the next Newsletter. The weekend of 9 and 10 April was agreed.


 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 4 April 2005 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.20pm.