TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 3 March, 2003, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

 

Present:           Mr W Tremayne (Chairman) Mr K Field, Mr I Malin, Mr G Morrish, Mr A Stratton, Mrs A Purse (County Councillor) and four members of the public.

                                                 

1.                   Apologies

Mr J Nowell-Smith

 

1.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                  OCC Highway matters – following a site meeting with David Deriaz of OCC to discuss a  proposal for a pelican crossing on A418, a revised sketch plan had been received and details of the points system applied to the scheme for its place in a future programme of works. Further details to follow. Agreed to put details in Newsletter and ask residents to write to OCC with details of any incidents, near misses, etc, which would strengthen the case.

The new sign at the M40 roundabout was now in place but agreed to monitor turning lorries for a little longer to see whether it has made a difference. A suggestion was made that a sign indicating the M40 at the Waterstock turn might be helpful.

Mrs Purse said that OCC had placed an order for the drains to be jetted and remedial work will be budgeted for in 2003/04. The flooding from The Fox will be pursued by either OCC or SODC. Mrs Purse had also raised the matter of reshaping of the island again.

b.                  Freedom of Information Act 2000 – publication scheme model code – only outstanding matter was Clerk’s contract of employment and job description. Clerk to provide new contract which will include revised hours for ratification at next meeting.

c.                  Post collection box, Milton Common – a reply had been received to the request for a post box. It was unlikely that a new one will be installed but further discussion to take place before final decision.

d.                  Thame Area Forum meeting – unfortunately no one able to attend as it clashed with this evening’s meeting.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                  P03/NO077  Tiddington Cricket Club – demolition of existing clubhouse and replacement with new single storey pavilion.

Decision: approved.

b.                  P03/NO120/LB  The Cottage and Tudor Cottage, Tiddington – demolish existing barn and erect two storey extension to existing cottages.

Decision: no strong views.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  Parish Council elections, 1 May 2003 – nomination papers had been received and were available from the Clerk. Mr Morrish and Mr Malin announced that they did not intend to seek re-election.     

b.                  Three Pigeons, Milton Common – transfer of Justices Licence to Pauline Winifred Woodgate will be heard on 8 April. No objection to the application.

c.                  Road signs, Milton Common – a request had been received to replace the damaged sign at Chilworth Cottage, Old London Road and erect a new Old London Road sign at the Sandy Lane junction. Clerk to write to SODC.

d.                  Thame and District CAB visits – an invitation had been received for a Council representative to visit the Bureau. Offer declined as Mr Nowell-Smith was already a volunteer worker.

e.                  Periodic Electoral Review of Oxfordshire County Council – review began on 4 February and any initial comments on possible ward division or boundary changes to be sent to Boundary Committee by 2 June.

f.                    SODC Housing Strategy 2003-2006 questionnaire – agreed that Mr Field and Clerk complete.

g.                  SODC Food Premises Register – request received for any details of new, refurbished or changed ownership catering businesses in the parish. None known.

h.                  Letter received from SODC announcing retirement of Mr Dickie Davies from Public Amenities.

i.                    Notice from SODC that all plastic and can recycling banks will be removed as these items are now collected at the kerbside. Also offer from Tom Southall to visit village to distribute green boxes in conjunction with any publicity campaign. Following discussion agreed to have a litter blitz during weekend of 12-13 April. Also to write to SODC complaining at the way the green boxes are flung about after the rubbish is collected, particularly on the Thame Road.

j.                    A meeting will be held on 17 March at 7.30pm at SODC Council Offices to discuss SODC’s involvement in a five-year programme of cultural events in Oxfordshire. Mr Stratton to attend.  

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Grasscutting contract 2003 – Grassroots had provided a further estimate and an estimate had been received from Robinson’s Garden Care. Mr Field withdrew from the discussion for personal reasons. As there was little difference in the charges but Robinson’s Garden Care would be using equipment which may give a finer cut, acceptance of the estimate from Robinson’s Garden Care was proposed by Mr Morrish, seconded by Mr Stratton. Countax had asked whether they might use the Recreation Ground for demonstrating their cutting machines on 27 March. This was agreed and Mr Field would liaise with them. Mr Field would also discuss the details of the new grasscutting contract with Mr Robinson.  

b.                  Concessionary Fares Tokens – a proposal for the parish contribution to remain at £13.00 was proposed by Mr Morrish, seconded by Mr Field. 

c.                  A request for a donation to Victim Support Oxfordshire was declined.

d.                  A donation to Oxfordshire Association for the Blind of £30.00 proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Morrish.

e.                  Payment of £600.00 to Z M Knight for Clerk’s salary Oct 2002–Mar 2003 proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

f.                    Payment of £96.00 to Tiddington Village Hall Committee for hire of hall 2002/03 proposed by Mr Morrish, seconded by Mr Tremayne.

g.                  Payment of £10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                  Mrs Purse reported that the Green Road roundabout will be radically altered in the near future to improve capacity and flow of traffic. Nicknamed the “hamburger” arrangement, there will be a through road for the A40 in conjunction with traffic lights.

b.                  Mrs Janet Willis thanked Mrs Purse for her efforts on the flooding problem and reported that she had seen the MP Boris Johnson, who would be writing on the matter.

Mrs Willis also asked whether anything was being done about a youth club in view of the offer made by Jody at an earlier meeting. Mr Stratton reported that there had been no response to the request for volunteers in an earlier Newsletter. At least four volunteers would be required to make anything viable.

c.                  Mrs Wendy Cheeseman suggested a table tennis club, as tables could be purchased quite cheaply. Again there was a problem of volunteers.

Mrs Cheeseman mentioned that an incorrect bus timetable had been placed by Arriva at the bus stop on the north side of the A418. It is thought that it has now been corrected. Clerk reported that a timetable for the south side display had been received from OCC, but would be held in reserve as Arriva had placed one themselves.

d.                  Mr Stratton reported that the CCTV had provided some useful information.

e.                  Mr Field reported that the hedge belonging to The Fox on the Ickford Road was overgrown. Clerk to write.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 7 April 2003 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.10pm.