TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Thursday 7th June, 2007, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mrs E Horne, Mrs Z Knight, Mrs J Stoker (Clerk), Mrs J Willis and two members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mr D Turner (County Councillor)

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

The minutes were approved and signed.     

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   Election of Officers – Mrs Willis advised that she did not wish to continue as Vice Chairman; Mrs Knight was elected in her stead as proposed by Mr Boughton and seconded by Mr Field.

b.                   OCC Highways matters. Pelican Crossing – Mr Boughton and Mr Turner are meeting to discuss further action. The gates at the eastern end of the village have been replaced, however they are now overgrown; the Clerk to request verge trimming.

c.                   Code of Conduct – full documentation of the Code of Conduct had now been received and a resolution was passed as proposed by Mrs Knight and seconded by Mrs Horne that (a) the mandatory provisions in the Model  Code of Conduct set out in Statutory Instrument 2007/1159 be adopted as the Tiddington with Albury Parish Council Code of Conduct, to be effective from 1 July 2007, subject to: (i) the inclusion of the ‘general principles’ as an Annex to the Code, with a footnote to explain that it is not part of the Code but is  included as an Annex because of the requirement in paragraph 1(2) of the Code for members to have regard to the principles; and (ii) the addition of paragraph 12(2) of the Model Code, but excluding the words in brackets each as recommended by the Standards Board for England and South Oxfordshire District Council; and (b) the Clerk be requested to notify the Monitoring Officer of South Oxfordshire District Council of the passing of the above resolution. 

d.                   Provision of dog waste bins – the Clerk is to provide a map for Mr Field and Mrs Horne to mark appropriate sites in order that Highways can be notified. 

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                  P07/W0659 - Lower Chilworth Farm, Milton Common; erection of general purpose farm building – decision approved.

b.                  P07/W0505 – Glendale, Albury View, Tiddington – amendments to previously submitted plans – decision approved.

c.                  Tudor Cottage – details showing alterations to trees have been received for information only.

d.                  Affordable housing – a letter has been received confirming that the sale price of the land has been agreed, and that plans are to be submitted in June with a view to starting work on the development in December.  There is concern over the revisions to the original development.  The Clerk to invite ORCC and OCHA to the next meeting.  If their representatives are able to attend a leaflet drop will be made to parishioners.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  Rural Touring – a reminder to request brochures has been received.  The Clerk to check with Alan Stratton whether a brochure has already been received, and if not, to request one is sent.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                   The annual statement of accounts was read and the variances versus 2006/07 were highlighted.  The large decrease was due to the 2006/07 precept being paid in March 2005 thus increasing income for 2005/6 and decreasing income for 2006/07.  A rise in other costs was primarily due to the contribution to Tiddington Cricket Club pavilion project.  The annual statement of accounts and the annual governance statement were signed by the Chairman and the Responsible Financial Officer as proposed by Mrs Knight and seconded by Mrs Willis.  The balance carried forward at the start of the 2007/08 is £10,968.    

b.                   Annual Insurance Renewal – a public liability insurance increase from £5m to £10m and payment of renewal costs of £510.39 to Allianz Cornhill was proposed by Mr Field and seconded by Mrs Horne.

c.                   Payment not exceeding £1500 for play equipment maintenance was proposed by Mrs Knight and seconded by Mrs Horne.

d.                   Payment of £20.00 for ORCC membership renewal was proposed by Mr Boughton and seconded by Mrs Horne.

e.                   Payment of £230.30 to Parchments of Oxford for newsletter printing was proposed by Mrs Knight and seconded by Mrs Horne.

f.                     A donation matching previous donations made to Victim Support Oxon & Bucks of £35.00 was proposed by Mrs Knight and seconded by Mrs Willis.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Willis commented that the verges had only been cut as far as the last house of the village.  Mr Field said this was to be expected.

b.                   Mrs Willis asked if a flashing 30 mph sign could be put up on the A418 coming into the village.  The Clerk to make further enquiries.

c.                   Mrs Horne and Mrs Tremayne raised the issue of Sykes Vans vehicles for sale being offered from the Lantern Service Station and inappropriate parking of vehicles for advertising purposes.  This has been reported to Thames Valley police by a resident of Milton Common.  Mrs Horne will provide reference details and the Parish Council will write in support of the residents concerns.

d.                   Mr Boughton reported that the overhanging branches on the Ickford Road had now been dealt with by the Electricity Board, but raised concern about neighbours disposing of hedge trimmings in the ditches.  A reminder that garden waste should be disposed of responsibly to go in the next newsletter.

e.                   Mrs Horne reported a pothole in the Old London Road near The Lantern Service Station.

f.                     Mr Nowell-Smith advised that the Oxfordshire Golf Club would be submitting a new application for hotel accommodation.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 2nd July 2007 at 8.00pm

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.45pm.