TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 5 June, 2006, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mrs A Tremayne, Mrs J Willis, Mr D Turner (County Councillor) and four members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

No apologies

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                  OCC Highway matters – the moving of the sign indicating the M40 is still awaited. Mr Turner to chase.

b.                  Affordable housing – the suggestion from Suzanne Willers of a display of the plans in the Village Hall was approved but not before the issue of the contaminated soil is resolved.

c.                  Pelican crossing – Mr Turner had spoken to David Robertson of OCC expressing disquiet at the abandonment of the project and he had promised to investigate. There were other projects around the County in jeopardy and all are complaining.

d.                  Tree planting and maintenance – Mr Robinson had been contacted regarding a Christmas tree and a reply is awaited.

e.                  M40 road noise levels – Mrs Horne reported that at the May meeting of the M40 Group the Halcrow report had concluded that the noise locally is in the very lowest band of severity and requires no action other than normal maintenance. The Group will challenge the findings. There will be a meeting with the Highways Agency on 19 July to which two representatives of the Council are invited. Mrs Horne and Mr Nowell-Smith will represent the Council.   

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                  P06/W0355  The Cottage, Thame Road, Tiddington – erection of side extension with store above.

Decision: SODC approved.

b.                  P06/W0447/LB  Hill Cottage, Albury View, Tiddington – removal of internal wall below existing beam, to create kitchen/breakfast room.

Decision: approved.

c.                  P06/W0519/LB  Sandy Lane Farmhouse, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – repair and extension to existing dwelling. Demolition of lean-to extension and area of brickwork. Mr Nowell-Smith declared a personal and prejudicial interest and left the meeting for this item.

Decision: refused.

d.                  P06/W0520  Sandy Lane Farmhouse, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – repair and extension of existing dwelling. Erection of detached garage/carport. Mr Nowell-Smith declared a personal and prejudicial interest and left the meeting for this item.

Decision: refused.

e.                  An application for a Veterinary Surgery, Sandy Lane, Tiddington was discussed in advance of the receipt of the official plans from SODC. Further discussions will take place on receipt of those plans. Mr Nowell-Smith declared a personal and prejudicial interest and left the meeting for this item.

 

5.         Correspondence

a.                  Seasonal decorations installation, operation and removal: code of practice and licence requirements – agreed that the Christmas tree project would still go ahead and Mr Stratton will arrange for the licence now required to have decorative lighting.

b.                  Post Office Account Cards – OCC has lobbied the Government to continue with the Post Office Account card beyond 2010.

c.                  SODC will hold the annual town and parish council forum on 5 October. Councils are invited to put forward suggestions for discussion. Mr Nowell-Smith suggested that an explanation of the separate responsibilities of SODC and OCC would be useful and any further items to be forwarded to the Clerk within the next week.

d.                  The Chairman read a letter from Mrs Knight in which she tendered her resignation as Parish Clerk and Newsletter Editor from 30 September 2006.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Clerk’s salary 2006/2007 – with the nationally agreed pay scales a salary of £2,493 per annum was proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mrs Willis.  

b.                  Payment of £100.00 to M40 Chilterns Environmental Group as a donation proposed by Mr Nowell-Smith, seconded by Mrs Tremayne.

c.                  Oxfordshire Association of Local Councils membership request was declined.

d.                  Thames Valley Crimestoppers campaign against car crime donation request was declined.

e.                  Payment of £528.75 to MediaLane International for website hosting 2003/2006 proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

f.                    Payment of £105.75 to MediaLane International for website maintenance proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mrs Willis.

g.                  Payment of £186.20 to Parchment the Printers for Newsletter printing June/July 2006 proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Boughton.

h.                  Payment of £45.00 to M A Wise for hedgecutting proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Tremayne reported that trees had been cut down from the verge opposite Ejea in the Old London Road. Mr Turner to investigate as it is thought that this is County Council property.

b.                   Mr Stratton reported that vandalism around the Village Hall included a broken window which would cost £150 to replace. Unfortunately the CCTV had not been working at the time of the incident. Mr Stratton suggested that a broadband connection for the Hall would allow distance access to the CCTV and hence easier monitoring. The cost would be approximately £26.00 per month and it was suggested the Council might pay half. This will be discussed at the July meeting.

c.                   Mr Turner reported that Mr Ronald of OCC had agreed to the speed reduction measures requested for London Road, Milton Common.

d.                   Mr Giddy asked why the grass verges at the top of Sandy Lane had been allowed to grow long. It was explained that the number of cuts per year were quite few and on a planned basis which did not take into account the variable weather conditions.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 3 July 2006 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.55pm.