TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 2 June, 2003, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor) Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mr W Tremayne, Mrs J Willis and one member of the public.

                                                 

1.                   Apologies

Mrs A Purse (County Councillor)

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   OCC Highway matters – Clerk had spoken to Mr Purcell-Smith who admitted that the drains had not been jetted and he would be investigating the matter.

b.                   Affordable housing survey – Clerk provided a draft survey based on one produced at Harwell and asked for comments and alterations before the next meeting. Survey to be printed by arrangement with Suzanne Gibbins and included with next Newsletter. Mr Stratton suggested an incentive for completing part 1 of two tickets to a Village Hall event of the draw winner’s choice. This was agreed. Mr Tremayne suggested that a space for name and telephone number be put in bottom corner of first page, so that it could be cut off for the draw and confidentiality be assured for the analysis by Suzanne Gibbins.

c.                   Thame Area Forum, Thursday 12 June, 7.00pm at Neighbours Hall, Great Milton. Mr Field and Mr Stratton to attend on behalf of the Council. Mr Nowell-Smith as District Councillor and Mr Tremayne also to attend.

d.                   Tiddington Village Hall anniversary fete – to be held on August Bank Holiday Sunday and known as VH50 Day. Mr Stratton asked for ideas to make the fete different.

 

4.                   Councillors’ subject responsibilities

Mr Field agreed to take responsibility for planning, building and controls in addition to housing.

Mrs Willis agreed to environment, conservation, waste and recycling.

Mr Tremayne to take over public and private transport in addition to highways, footpaths and street furniture.

Health and safety, drugs and crime to await the co-option of another Councillor.

It was agreed that the Planning Sub-committee will consist of Mr Field, Mr Tremayne and a third councillor located in the area of any particular planning application.

 

5.                   Planning matters

a.                  New Planning Committee Structure – Mr Nowell-Smith reported that there will be only one main planning committee meeting every two weeks. The two areas east and west will remain under planning officers who will sift the applications into major, minor and other. Major and minor will be referred to committee but the others will be decided by officers, subject to formal appeal. The onus will be on the parish councils and District Councillors to monitor the situation. The weekly planning lists will show the categories. The Council has not yet had any applications to know whether they will include the category.

b.                  P03/NO077  Cricket Club, Tiddington – demolition of existing clubhouse and replacement with new single storey pavilion.

Decision: SODC granted.

c.                  P03/NO217  Ash Lodge, Oxford Road, Tiddington – change of use from agricultural land to domestic garden.

Decision: SODC granted.

 

6.                   Correspondence

a.                  Review of subsidised bus service 275 – due to be implemented on 6 July, the AM and PM peak bus journey will be retained and operated by Red Rose Travel. Off-peak the three journeys in each direction will operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays this will reduce to one journey each way. Clerk to provide advance warning notice for Mr Tremayne to site at bus stop.     

b.                  SODC Community Waste Service – there will no longer be a skip service to the village, only Saturday morning skips at Thame and Wheatley. These will include separate skips for garden waste from April to October. Several Councillors commented that those skips are soon full and inadequate and that our village skips have been well used. Mr Nowell-Smith to speak to SODC officer, Mr Rowland-Jones and Mrs Willis to draft a letter of concern at loss of the amenity.

Notice had been received of a door to door survey being carried out during June and July by SODC on recycling and waste reduction.

c.                  SODC Review of Open Space consultation – residents are to be asked for their views on the environment and use of open spaces by listing their priorities in Outlook, a presentation will be made by SODC at the Thame Forum and there will be street interviews in randomly selected areas.

 

7.                   Financial matters

a.                  Payment of £1387.10 to SODC for 110 bags of bus tokens at £13 each proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mr Tremayne.   

b.                  Payment of £136.08 to Parchment (Oxford) Ltd for Newsletter printing June/July proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mrs Willis. 

c.                  Payment of £41.00 to M A Wise for hedge trimming proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

d.                  Payment of £120.00 to Robinson’s Garden Care for grasscutting proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mrs Willis.

e.                  Payment of £52.00 to SODC for garden sacks proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mr Stratton.

 

8.                   Open discussion

a.                  Mrs Willis reported that she had heard of a project to recycle items by having a swap session on a regular basis. It was agreed that Mrs Willis should investigate further.

b.                  Mr Field commented on the increase in speeding traffic on the A418, the problems of overtaking and the particular difficulties outside Centre Caravans. Agreed to chase the pelican crossing and seek out advice on further safety measures for the A418.

Mr Field had received a complaint about parking in Sandy Lane opposite Green’s Cottage. To check whether this is acceptable in road safety terms.

c.                  Mr Nowell-Smith reported that he will be attending the inquiry into the Waterstock Golf Course tipping and lighting problems and asked whether the Parish Council wished to respond. It was agreed that this parish was not unduly affected.

 

9.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 7 July 2003 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.55pm.