TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 4 July, 2005, 8.00pm at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present: Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mrs A Tremayne, Mr D Turner (County Councillor) and two members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mr A Stratton, Mrs J Willis.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   OCC Highway matters Mr Turner reported that the new signs for the Waterstock Turn and the motorway roundabout were placed on order three weeks ago. Mr Turner had been informed that the design and planning of the pelican crossing was budgeted for in this financial year and the construction in the next year. Mr Turner to seek clarification as Mrs Purse and Parish Council were under impression that all would be completed in this financial year.

b.                   Affordable housing OCC has accepted the land as an exception site. A meeting with Councillors, OCHA, SODC Planning, the architect and Suzanne Willers on site had discussed the options previously studied and further concerns such as the proximity to 8 Sandy Lane Estate. The architect arranged to draw up detailed plans which could then be presented at a general village meeting. Mr and Mrs Cullen were assured that they would be kept informed of progress at every stage. Agreed to put more details on the front page of the next Newsletter.

c.                   Tree planting and maintenance Mr Turner had been in touch with Mr Short of OCC but would have further discussions in the light of the fact that no satisfactory replies had been received to earlier Council letters and email.

d.                   Weight restriction, Ickford Bridges Mr Turner was given details of the letter which had been written to OCC and to which no reply had been received. Mr Turner agreed to pursue.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P05/W0464/RET Sandy Lane Farmhouse, Sandy Lane, Tiddington Change of use of land to site two temporary buildings for use as veterinary surgery with parking/service area. Formation of new access to serve surgery. Construction of Klargester Biodisc sewage system. Erection of new agricultural building to serve remainder of holding.

Decision: SODC refused.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  OALC Planning and Community Development seminar, 12 October agreed to hold over to August meeting.

b.                  Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 details had been received of new powers given to parish councils by this Act. Agreed to place in wallet for information only.

c.                  SODC Draft Statement of Community Involvement comments invited on how people want to be involved in developing planning proposals. Agreed that Chairman and Clerk should read document and report back to August meeting.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Payment of 1513.20 to SODC for concessionary fares tokens proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mr Boughton.

b.                  Payment of 188.00 to Robinsons Garden Care for maintenance of playing field proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mr Boughton.

c.                  Payment of 64.63 to Robinsons Garden Care for churchyard maintenance proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field.

d.                  Payment of 10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mr Boughton.

e.                  Payment of 634.50 to K G Field for bus shelter renovation proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mrs Tremayne.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Tremayne reported that the Sykes vans were on the highway verges again. Mr Nowell-Smith said he would discuss it at the Great Haseley Council meeting next week.

Mrs Tremayne also reported a rumour that the planning application for a caravan site at the Three Pigeons had been withdrawn.

b.                   Mr Boughton asked for clarification on the definition of affordable housing. Clerk to provide booklet that had originally been distributed at the start of the project to Mr Boughton and Mrs Tremayne.

c.                   Mr Field reported the dumping of an old mattress on the land between 1 Albury View and the railway embankment.

Mr Field also reported a new field gate near Ickford Bridges and questioned whether it had been approved.

d.                   Mr Nowell-Smith reported that the application for a grant for the Cricket Club would be discussed on Wednesday and approval in full had been recommended.

e.                   Clerk reported that Mrs Willis had asked about the painting or cleaning of the gates at the entrance to the village and grass cutting by the gates on the Thame side. Mr Turner to report. Mrs Willis had also been asked about tubs of flowers by the gates. Agreed that this was not practicable for several reasons major upkeep required, dirt and pollution from passing traffic, dangerous position for maintenance.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 1 August 2005 at 8.00pm.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.30pm.