TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 7 July, 2003, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor) Mr K Field, Mr W Tremayne, Mrs J Willis, Mrs A Purse (County Councillor for part of the meeting) and nine members of the public.

                                                 

1.                   Apologies

Mr A Stratton

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   OCC Highway matters – Clerk reported that Mr Purcell-Smith had said that contractors had been instructed to do the repairs to the drains but could not specify when. Letter received from Mr N Smiith of 42 Ickford Road regarding the flooding problems and agreed to copy this letter to Mr Purcell-Smith together with request in writing for report of exact repairs in hand and asking for Council to be present when contractors arrive. Some activity had been seen outside Tudor Cottage.

Mr Field reported that there were still significant numbers of lorries turning in the village.

Following informal advice from the local police, it was agreed to write to the owner of Green’s Cottage regarding a complaint about parking in Sandy Lane.

b.                   Affordable housing survey – a final draft was agreed and the letter signed by the Chairman. A ballot box will be placed at Tiddington Garage or residents may post the completed questionnaire to the address on the envelope provided. Suzanne Gibbins will make the draw.

c.                   Parish Councillor co-option – Mr Roy Boughton of Ickford Road had offered his services as Councillor and his co-option was proposed by Mrs Willis and seconded by Mr Field. Co-option was approved and Mr Boughton, who was present, was welcomed to the Council.

d.                   SODC Community Waste Service – notice had been received of the provision of skip lorries to the village for green compostable waste only from July to October. The dates will be publicised in the Newsletter but those for July to be advertised on notices around the village. The waste service to be reviewed in October and Chairman hoped that skips for non-recyclable waste could be provided during the winter.

e.                   Bus service 275 – the new timetable had been issued and a letter received responding to our previous letter suggesting options. This letter to be circulated in wallet.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                  P03/N0248/O  Lantern Service Station, Milton Common – outline application for demolition of existing garage buildings and construction of 500sq.m of offices, amendment no 1 to exclude siting and description of building.

Decision: agreed to write another letter not objecting to change of use but voicing concern at size of accommodation.

b.                  P03/N0323  Land adjacent to Great Milton Water Tower, Milton Common – erection of 22m temporary telecommunications structure for Airwave Service, for a period of 6 months.

Decision: SODC granted.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  Thame and District Citizens Advice Bureau merger with Henley – notice received of change from 30 June. The Henley manager will take over responsibility for Thame.     

b.                  Thame Town Action Plan meeting, Town Hall, 15 July, 7.00pm – Mr Nowell-Smith and Mrs Willis to attend.

c.                  South Oxfordshire Area Forums evaluation – questionnaire and workshop, Templeton College, 25 July, 9.30-3.00 – Clerk to complete questionnaire sent by OCC but no-one to attend workshop.

d.                  SODC Environmental Cleanliness – standards of cleanliness of streets and local environment to be measured. Clerk to complete questionnaire.

e.                  Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000, draft map – map received from Countryside Agency detailing registered common land and open country within the Parish over which the public will have a new right to walk and remain on for the purposes of outdoor recreation. Public consultation runs until 30 September. This Parish does not appear to have any such designated land indicated, but comments may be made on any failure to show such land. 

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Statement of Receipts and Payments, 2002/2003 – Clerk reported Receipts of £12,786.19 and Payments of £11,147.85 and a Balance carried forward of £4,441.54. The Statement of Receipts and Payments, the Bank Reconciliation and the Supporting Statement were certified by Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer.   

b.                  Annual Audit Statement of Assurance 2002/2003 was certified by Chairman on behalf of the Council. 

c.                  Friends of Ormerod School donation of £25.00 proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mrs Willis.

d.                  Payment of £10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                  As a new Councillor, Mrs Willis asked for an explanation of the Council’s finances. Chairman outlined the budgeting process and how the amount of the precept is decided each year. The precept which is paid from the Council tax is the Council’s only source of fixed revenue.

b.         Mr Tremayne reported that the new road signs had been installed at Milton Common but a resident had commented that they were dirty and one post was crooked. Clerk to report.

c.                  Mrs Purse reported that the OCC Structure Plan would shortly go out to consultation. Some building in the Green Belt to the south of Oxford had been agreed because Bicester had objected to extra housing. OCC Councillors had spent many hours researching suitable sites for the housing required. It was likely that this work would in future be done at the regional centre of Guildford in Surrey.

Mrs Purse was updated on the earlier discussion on highway matters and made aware of the Council’s disquiet at lack of communication from OCC regarding the drainage problems. Mrs Purse to report back to OCC but Clerk to provide copy of letter to Mr Purcell-Smith. Also Clerk to write to Mr Trevor Gwynne of SODC regarding the watercourses survey.

d.                  A resident of Milton Common expressed concern at speeding traffic in London Road. Discussion followed on possible solutions including SID at the Lantern Service Station end of the road. To ask advice of the Police.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 4 August 2003 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.35pm.