TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 7 February, 2005, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mrs J Willis, Mrs A Purse (County Councillor) and four members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

No apologies.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   Parish Council vacancy – the statutory notice requesting ten residents to apply for an election had been placed on the notice boards and in the Newsletter from 1 February.

b.                   OCC Highway matters – Mrs Purse had met with Peter Ronald of OCC and he had agreed to arrange for a sign at the Waterstock Turn indicating the route to the M40.

c.                   Affordable housing – OCC is to have a site visit to the Station Yard to consider how much land could be released for housing in view of the possibility of a cycle track or bypass. A decision should be made by the end of February.

d.                   Pelican crossing – the site visit of Mrs Purse and Mr Ronald to view the position for a pelican crossing was unfortunately at a quiet moment in the day and Mr Ronald was yet to be convinced of the necessity for a crossing. Mrs Purse suggested inviting Mr Ronald to the March meeting and Mr Stratton offered to provide video evidence. Mrs Purse felt that although we did not meet the existing laid down criteria, this village ought to be considered urgently as there are exceptional circumstances.

e.                   Tree planting and maintenance – replies awaited from OCC.

f.                     Green Box collection – the Thame Road problem had been reported to the contractors. Green boxes are available from Tiddington Garage.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P04/0776/LD  Cartshed Loft, Sandy Lane Farm – use of the first floor for residential purposes began more than four years ago.

Decision: SODC granted certificate of lawful use or development.

b.                   P04/W1317/O  Tudor Cottage, Tiddington – two detached houses.

Decision: SODC refused.

c.                   P04/W1414  Sandy Lane Farmhouse, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – erection of new barn style building for established veterinary practice with practice nurse accommodation. New Klargester biodisc system. Formation of access and car parking.

Decision: no strong views but comments on concern for increase in traffic if vacated veterinary premises remain in commercial use and concern for adequate foul water disposal. Mr Nowell-Smith declared a personal and prejudicial interest and the chair was taken by Mrs Willis for this particular application. Dr Bennett and Mr Hignell representing Dr Bennett presented their case for approval.

d.                   P04/W1418/LB  Draycot Cottage, Draycot, Tiddington – repairing of existing wall and reuse ruined wall stone. Construction of a new wall. Erection of fence/gate, amendment no 1.

Decision: approved.

e.                   P05/W0027  Draycot Cottage, Draycot, Tiddington – repair of existing wall and reuse of stone; build a new wall; erect a new gate/fence.

Decision: approved.

f.                     P05/W0033  Land adjacent to Sunnyside, Oxford Road, Tiddington – erection of new dwelling and parking space.

Decision: refused on grounds of overdevelopment with increase over previous application to three bedrooms and inadequate parking. If granted, concern that the property be connected directly to the mains sewer.

g.                   P05/W0057  Gardeners Cottage, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – alterations and extension to dwelling to form study with bathroom/wc at first floor.

Decision: approved.

h.                   P05/W0067  The Old School, School Lane, Tiddington – extension to consist of new bay window and open porch to side elevation.

Decision: approved. Mr Field declared a personal interest.

i.                     P05/W0068  Tiddington Village Hall, Tiddington – single storey extension and alterations.

Decision: approved. As members of the Village Hall Committee Mr Field and Mr Stratton declared a personal interest.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  SODC Environmental Improvement Schemes – there is still money available until the end of March.

b.                  SODC Easter Activities Programme – local inclusions are invited for a list which will be widely publicised.

c.                  South East Plan OCC consultation arrangements – a meeting will be held on 23 February at Didcot and the subject will be on the agenda of the Thame Area Forum on 10 March. Mr Nowell-Smith to keep the plan document and bring his comments to the March meeting. Responses for SODC’s information required by 7 April.

d.                  Freedom of Information Act 2000 – authorisation of qualified persons under section 36 of the act has been granted to the Clerk as primary and Chairman as secondary authority.

e.                  Calor Oxfordshire Best Kept Village and related competitions – agreed not to enter. 

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Authorisation of cheque signatories – it was agreed that Mr Field should become the third signatory for cheques.

b.                  Bus shelter refurbishment – following further discussion it was agreed that the interior brickwork should be cleaned but left as bare brick. Mr Field will prepare a detailed estimate for the March meeting. The previous estimate for repairing the roof provided in February 2003 will be cancelled.

c.                  Recreation ground, play area and churchyard maintenance estimate – Mr Robinson had increased the charge for mowing the playing field by £5.00 per cut but decreased by £5.00 per cut the mowing of the churchyard. It was agreed to ask Mr Robinson to provide an estimate for raking the bark as necessary and to generally inspect the play area for any problems. Mr Stratton would meet to discuss what was required. It was also agreed that Mr Field would ask Mr Richard Ilbery to roll the playing field when convenient.

d.                  Payment of £211.50 to MediaLane International for website maintenance Feb 2004/Jan 2005 proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Field.

e.                  Payment of £212.80 to Parchment (Oxford) Ltd for Newsletter printing Feb/Mar 2005 proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Boughton.

f.                    Payment of £10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mr Boughton commented on the welcome increase in the advertising in the Newsletter.

Mr Boughton agreed to provide details of higher interest rate accounts as NatWest had nothing which would be suitable for the Council’s needs.  

b.                   Mrs Willis mentioned the need for first aiders at events, which she had read about. Mr Stratton said that this would be discussed and clarified at a Village Hall Committee meeting.

c.                   Mr Stratton reported that the Village Hall Committee was applying for grants from OCC and SODC for the building work on the Hall. He said that the percentage that was asked for would be lower than the maximum available and thought this would help the applications. It was agreed that the application should be made through the Parish Council and that a contribution of 5%, approximately £2,000 from the Council be given.

Mr Stratton commented on the annoyance of advertising vehicles parked on the roadside. Mr Stratton to contact Trevor Brown at SODC and Mr Nowell-Smith will discuss with SODC the legal aspects of the nuisance.

d.                   Mr Nowell-Smith said that the letter of condolence which he had written to Mrs Tremayne had been put in the wallet.


 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 7 March 2005 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.30pm.