TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 4th December, 2006, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mrs A Tremayne, Mrs J Willis, Insp. Stewart Dunbar & Community Officer Mike Todd (Thames Valley Police), David Hignell, (Jeffrey Charles Emmett), and four members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mr D Turner (County Councillor)

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                  David Turner was unable to attend the meeting, however it is hoped that he will be able to shed more light on the increased costing of the pelican crossing at the next meeting.  Mr Field advised that no further information has come to light on the reasons for the decline in lorry traffic on the Ickford Road and bridge. The majority felt that the roundels and gates in place at Milton Common has resulted in a reduction in the speed of traffic using the road.   The M40 sign has not yet been moved.  The gates on the A418 have not yet been repaired or replaced.

b.                  Maintenance of grass verges – no further response from OCC.  Clerk to send a reminder.

c.                  Provision of dog waste bins – the matter has been referred to Adam Walton at Environmental Health.  Mr Nowell-Smith will write to progress the matter.

d.                  Tree planting and maintenance – a Christmas tree has been erected in the village.  It is still planned to plant a tree permanently.  Mr Giddy raised a request for trees to be planted on the grass verges at the top of Sandy Lane.  It was agreed that the Clerk would make further enquiries. Mrs Tremayne added that local residents should be consulted.

e.                  M40 road noise levels – Mrs Horne advised that she attended a Public Meeting on Monday 20th November 2006 at Tetsworth Village Hall on the topic of noise nuisance from the M40 and what might be done about it. There were mixed views on how well attended the meeting was, however all were urged to write to the Secretary of State, Boris Johnson, Keith Mitchell and David Robertson with their concerns.  Following the meeting, notification was received advising that a further noise assessment could be carried out at minimal cost.  It was agreed that the Parish Council would write in support of this study.  

 

4.                   Community Policing

Mr Nowell-Smith welcomed Inspector Stewart Dunbar and his colleague, Sgt Mike Todd, who addressed the meeting on arrangements for community policing, and particularly in terms of the retirement of the incumbent community police officer.  Neighbourhood policing is being reorganised into 5 areas, with Tiddington falling into the Wheatley & Chalgrove area, and the Parish Council will be kept advised of progress.  The police are seeking closer liaison with, and support of, local communities in reducing and reporting local incidents as residents are more likely to be aware of perpetrators. There will also be one or two Police Community Support Officers for the area, who whilst having reduced powers, will increase police visibility in the locality.  Insp. Dunbar confirmed that the community officer for Milton Common is Abby Derbyshire.  Mike Todd from Thame is the primary contact for matters not demanding an immediate response and the 08458 505505 number remains a 24/7 service; all reports are graded, prioritised and forwarded to local officers to pursue.  Any caller wishing to follow up particular issues should refer to the crime report number and may leave a message at the central number which will be forwarded to the relevant officer.  All officers are equipped with mobile phones and voice mail.  Insp. Dunbar underlined the importance of 999 for urgent assistance.  One or two specific issues were raised; the police apologised for any dissatisfaction caused and advised they would look into them. 

 

 

 

 

5.                   Planning matters

a.                  P06/W0987 – Albury Farm, Draycot, Tiddington – relocate existing barn to provide new agricultural workers dwelling – application withdrawn.

b.                  P06/W1137 – Sandy Lane Farmhouse, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – erection of detached garage/carport.  Mr D Hignell represented the views of his client, the applicant,

Dr B Bennett.  Decision - no strong views.

 

6.                   Correspondence

a.                  SODC site allocations development plan – a letter has been received thanking the Parish Council for taking part in the review and advising their next steps, and has been circulated via the wallet.

b.                  OCC review of supported bus services – details of the 275 service under review were not attached to the initial correspondence.  This was highlighted to the OCC by the Clerk who subsequently received and circulated fuller details prior to this meeting, together with notice of public consultation held in Thame which was attended by Mr Nowell-Smith and Mr Boughton.  As a result, a questionnaire has been circulated to residents of Milton Common asking for their views.

c.                  Thame Town Council have contacted the Parish Council with a number of queries, to which the clerk will reply by sending copies of audited accounts, Chairman’s annual report, and expressing interest in joint training opportunities.

 

7.                   Financial matters

a.                  The precept deadline falls due in January.  A draft budget was circulated for review and comment in readiness for discussion and in order for the precept request to be agreed during the next Parish Council meeting.

b.                  Tiddington Cricket Club – a donation of £2,500 was discussed, with a view to considering additional funding on receipt of an update from a club representative.

c.                  Membership of the SLCC – it was agreed that membership should be taken out for the new clerk.

d.                  Clerks salary will commence at the starting point of SPC15 on the NALC recommended payscale currently £7.846 per hour.

e.                  Payment of £30 to Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association for membership renewal proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Field.  

f.                    Payment of £183.30 to MediaLane International for BT telephone and broadband connection for village hall CCTV proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field.

g.                  Payment of £176.25 to MediaLane International for hosting charges for the village website proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field.

h.                  Payment of £105.75 to Medialine International for management of village website proposed by Mrs Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field.

i.                    Payment of £186.20 to Parchments of Oxford for print and supply of village newsletter, proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mrs Tremayne.

 

8.         Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Willis thanked the Parish Council for their support in writing to the Highways Agency about recent flooding on the A418 but advised she had not yet had any response.

b.                   Mr Nowell-Smith explained the difficulty he had experienced whilst trying to report further flooding on the A418 further towards Thame.

c.                   Mr Field reported that drains at the Waterstock turn were blocked.

d.                   Mr Nowell-Smith advised that the CAB outreach office opened at the United Reform Church in Wheatley that day and would be open once a week.

e.                   Mr Field commented that it would be preferable for future planning matters to be considered by a wider representation of the Parish Council undertaking a site visit and discussion in advance of the Parish Council meeting.

f.                     Mr Giddy asked about change of use permissions at the Three Pigeons, and Mr Nowell-Smith will make further enquiries

g.                   Mrs Horne commented on the state of the road surface at the top of Sandy Lane Road, which now requires attention.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 8 January 2007 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.30pm.