TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 1 December, 2003, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor) Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mr W Tremayne, Mrs J Willis and Miss C Lowery (Community Action Group)

                                                 

1.                   Apologies

Mrs A Purse (County Councillor)

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Community Action Group (CAG) presentation

Miss Caroline Lowery outlined the work of CAG. There are eight projects around the County offering different activities, such as junk swaps, paint exchange, A-Z publicising awareness of facilities, garden shredder hire. CAG will organise trips to landfill sites. £2,500 can be made available for the launch of any project, e.g. cotton shopping bags issued to all residents. In response to question about junk swaps, Miss Lowery explained that no money changes hands and anything left over will be recycled to waste tips or charity shops.

 

4.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   Affordable housing survey –Mr Field, Mr Tremayne and Clerk met with Mrs Willers on 17 November and discussed the locations suggested. Mrs Willers earmarked three possible sites and would be taking the information to the relevant authorities.  

b.                   OCC Highway matters – recent heavy rains had resulted in no significant flooding but Ickford Road will continue to be monitored.

Clerk had expressed the Council’s dissatisfaction to the Highway Inspector, Michael Dickerson, regarding OCC’s refusal to do repairs in Albury View and outside The Fox and The Garage requested by the Council, when a minor repair reported by a resident had been attended to. 

A sign at the Waterstock Turn showing access to London on M40 via Milton Common was still awaited.

c.                   Milton Common notice board – OCC has no problem with the siting of the board. Following discussion it was agreed to order a board similar to the existing one in Tiddington village from Filcris. Clerk to consult with Mr Field about posts and groundwork and Mr Stratton offered to donate paving slabs.

d.                   North Close parking – Mrs Willis had received a further complaint regarding several cars still being parked on pavements. It was agreed that the stickers supplied originally by SODC might be appropriate.

e.                   Thame Area Forum report – Clerk had attended as delegate. Presentations had been made by Aylesbury Vale Primary Care Trust on the problems of securing a National Health dentist in the area and Age Concern Oxfordshire on the work which it does for the over 50’s.

f.                     Nuts and Bolts Training Day report – Mr Boughton reported that 28 people had attended and the information provided had been very detailed and informative on many aspects of a local councillor’s work and responsibilities.

g.                   Footpath addition to definitive map – a letter from OCC Rights of Way officer indicated that the matter would not be considered for at least another year because of the workload.

h.                   Electricity cables and overgrown trees – Clerk had reported two sites of concern in Tiddington. A reply was still awaited.

i.                     Street name signs – SODC has ordered replacement signs for outside no 1 Albury View and 21 Fernhill Close, will re-erect the Oxford Road/Thame Road sign on the island and the Old London Road sign. SODC has asked whether condensation behind the Old London Road sign at Sandy Lane is a problem. Mr Tremayne reported that the sign was deteriorating badly. Clerk to report.

j.                     Radio Oxford programme – five people are required to appear on live chat show scheduled for the new year to discuss life in Tiddington. Mr Nowell-Smith and Mr Stratton to liaise.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P03/W0660/RET  Albury Grange, Albury – erection of brick walls around swimming pool, small boundary fence and additional lighting around driveway.

Decision: SODC granted.

b.                   P03/W0864/RET  Treetops, 62 London Road, Milton Common – replacement of fence to rear of property.

Decision: SODC granted.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  OCC Public Rights of Way improvement planning – information required on the scale, distribution and nature of improvements required to the Rights of Way network. Mr Field, Mr Nowell-Smith, Mr Tremayne and Clerk to form working group to walk the parish footpaths listed on the definitive map and issue report. A letter from the recently appointed Footpaths Officer of the Ramblers Association offered help in checking footpaths for maintenance problems. Agreed that the working group would take on this job.     

b.                  Speed Watch promotion – a mobile display unit was available to take to community events. It was agreed to ask for it to come to the 2004 Village Hall fete on August Bank Holiday Sunday.

c.                  Oxford Scout and Guide Gang Show invitation – Mr Boughton, Mr Stratton and Mrs Willis expressed an interest in attending the civic performance and would apply for tickets.

d.                  A letter from Mr Morrish indicated that he would be unable to empty the litter bins from the Play Area each week from the beginning of December until late February or keep the bus shelter tidy. Mrs Willis agreed to empty the bins and the Clerk to tidy the bus shelter.

e.                  An invitation to the Thame and District CAB AGM had been declined as it clashed with the Council meeting.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Tiddington Pelican Crossing financial contribution – OCC indicated that a figure of at least £10,000 would be needed to significantly raise the ranking within the list of schemes, with no guarantee that the project would be agreed in the new financial year. It was agreed not to make any offer.   

b.                  Budget and Precept 2004/2005 – a precept of £8,800.00 was proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Boughton.

c.                  Payment of £64.00 to Society of Local Council Clerks for membership proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

d.                  Payment of £25.00 to Z.M. Knight as reimbursement for SLCC Regional Conference on Quality Councils proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mr Tremayne.  

e.                  Payment of £35.25 to Thame Town Council for the Nuts and Bolts Training Day, agreed at the November meeting, was made on 6 November, proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mr Nowell-Smith.

f.                    Payment of £71.00 to SODC for election expenses proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

g.                  Payment of £166.32 to Parchment (Oxford) Ltd for Newsletter printing Dec/Jan proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Tremayne.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Willis reported an overgrown hedge by the Waterstock turn in the Ickford Road. Mr Field to investigate.

Mrs Willis also reported that a resident had asked for a light in the bus shelter by the recreation ground as bus drivers do not see waiting passengers in the dark. Agreed that a light in the shelter would be prohibitively expensive but would enquire about a street light in the vicinity. Meanwhile residents should complain to the bus company.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 5 January 2004 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.05pm.