TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 2 August, 2004, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mr W Tremayne, Mrs J Willis and two members of the public.

                                                 

1.                   Apologies

No apologies.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   OCC Highway matters – Clerk had emailed Brian Fell about further examples of turning lorries and Mr Stratton had also emailed. Both had been acknowledged.

Mr Nowell-Smith reported that the A329 from Thame to Milton Common was about to be closed for extensive repairs for about three months. The diversion would be via the Waterstock junction. Mr Nowell-Smith had discussed with OCC the possibility of temporary traffic lights at that junction as there would be problems for right turning traffic on to the A418. Also following discussions, it is hoped that Sandy Lane will have “road closed - access only”. 

b.                   Affordable housing – Suzanne Willers had notified the Oxford Citizens’ Housing Association (OCHA) of their successful bid and Marita Coles would be taking the project forward. She will contact OCC about purchase of the land at the Station Yard.

c.                   Pelican crossing – it was agreed that a census of adult and child pedestrians crossing the A418 between 7.30am and 7.30pm on a Tuesday be taken in September. A suitable Tuesday will be agreed and organised at the September Council meeting.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P04/W0762/RET  Ardhaven House, Old London Road, Milton Common – a lean-to roof following the line of the existing roof to hide external pipework and to improve the front aspect of the house.

Decision: approved.

b.                   P04/W0776/LD  The Cartshed Loft, Sandy Lane Farm, Tiddington – first floor of “The Cartshed Loft” for residential use.

Decision: unable to provide any relevant information on the use of the land for the last ten years.

c.                   P04/W0813  Land at Sunnyside, Oxford Road, Tiddington – demolition of garage, erection of two bedroom two storey house and creation of vehicular access.

Decision: no strong views but commented that 1: building materials to be sympathetic to adjoining properties, 2: adequate parking on site to avoid parking on service road, 3: consider views of neighbouring “Westside”.

d.                   P04/W0860  Sandy Lane Farm, Tiddington – conversion of barn to holiday let accommodation.

Decision: no strong views.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  SODC Town and Parish Council Forum will be held at Council Offices, Crowmarsh on 22 September at 7.00pm. Workshops will include planning enforcement, access to services and affordable housing. Mr Boughton and Mr Tremayne to attend.

b.                  Oxfordshire Transport Co-ordinator Post – this position is being reviewed and comments on the effectiveness of the post are sort. Agreed that as the Council had never contacted the post holder, it would not be possible to comment.

c.                  Dial-a-Ride Services – following the start at the end of September of a taxibus feeder service to the Oxford Tube coach service at  the M40 junction 6 at Lewknor, it is hoped to have a dial-a-ride service at off-peak times. Views are sought on whether this service should be flexible or timetabled or a mixture of both. Agreed that as we have a good timetabled service in the 280, a more flexible dial-a-ride would be appropriate.

d.                  Monitoring of the new Ethical Framework – Clerk asked Councillors to provide her with any changes required to their Register of Interests.

e.                  A letter had been received from Mrs K Morrish, warning of dangerous rocks and concrete on the mound in the Play Area. Mr Field and Mr Stratton reported that they had removed some but further work was needed and would be put in hand. Mr Stratton reported that some damage to the fencing had been repaired by Mike Robertson free of charge and Mr Stratton would contact the builder of the castle, Trevor Stewart, about damage to the walkway needing repair.        

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Parish Council contribution to Parochial Church Council - Mr Field reported that no estimate had been received from Mr Robinson but that a second contractor was interested in bidding for the mowing of the churchyard. Meanwhile mowing had been done for a wedding and it was agreed that any further mowings this season would be done on an ad hoc basis by Mr Robinson. Estimates would be required in advance of the start of the new season in 2005.

Mr Tremayne proposed that in principle the Parish Council should not contribute to the maintenance of the churchyard. On voting the result was as follows: For: 1. Against: 4 of whom 3 declared a personal interest. Abstention: 1. It was agreed to put a note in the Newsletter asking for residents’ views.

b.                  Statement of Receipts and Payments, 2003/2004 – Clerk reported Receipts of £11,462.11 and Payments of £8,484.43 and a Balance carried forward of £7,419.22. The Statement of Receipts and Payments, the Bank Reconciliation and the Supporting Statement were certified by Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer.

c.                  Annual Audit Statement of Assurance 2003/2004 was certified by the Chairman on behalf of the Council.

d.                  Payment of £35.00 to P.P. Papps for internal audit proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mr Stratton.

e.                  Payment of £179.55 to Parchment (Oxford) Ltd for Newsletter printing August/September proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mrs Willis.

f.                    Payment of £70.50 to Robinson’s Garden Care for mowing the playing field in June proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field.

g.                  Payment of £10.00 for petty cash proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mr Boughton.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mr Morrish reported that Miss Scott was still awaiting a decision on whether she can plant shrubs on the grass verge. Clerk had received a phone call from Mike Dickerson of OCC asking if the Parish Council was happy. Clerk had said yes and the Chairman had already written to that effect. OCC were happy as long as no trees were planted and Mr Dickerson would be contacting Miss Scott. Mr Morrish to report this back to Miss Scott.

b.                   Mr Tremayne reported that the Three Pigeons PH has two people interested in providing an Indian restaurant. If this does not materialise, a manager will be appointed and evening shows with strippers are a possibility.

c.                   Mrs Willis asked for some more parking stickers for North Close. Clerk to supply.

d.                   Mr Stratton asked that Robinson’s Garden Care be asked to quote for raking the bark on a regular basis all the year round and the Council to pay for it. Agreed to put it on the September agenda.

Mr Stratton also asked for the Council to pay for a CCTV camera to be installed overlooking the Play Area. The cost would be about £100.00.

Mr Stratton reported that Arriva had still not replaced the incorrect bus timetable. Clerk to pursue.

e.                   Mr Nowell-Smith reported that a further communication from the Planning Inspectorate regarding Footpath 19 involved a legal technicality which need not be pursued.

Mr Nowell-Smith asked that the telephone number for requesting an Oxford yellow pages be publicised again.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 6 September 2004 at 8.00pm. 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.55pm.