TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 4 April, 2005, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor), Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mrs A Purse (County Councillor) and eight members of the public.

 

1.                   Apologies

Mrs J Willis.

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   Pelican crossing – Mrs Purse had been informed that the project will be scheduled for the financial year 2005/06. So far there has been no official confirmation to the Parish Council.  

b.                   OCC Highway matters – the sign at the Waterstock Turn indicating the route to the M40 is still awaited.

c.                   Parish Council vacancy – Mrs Tremayne has agreed to be co-opted on to the Council until the next elections and will be formally installed at the June meeting.

d.                   Affordable housing – OCC has agreed to release some of the land at Station Approach but wishes to hold a part to the south for a possible cycleway. The architect has been in consultation with OCHA and will survey the site within the next few days, with a view to a general site meeting in the near future.

e.                   Tree planting and maintenance – replies still awaited from OCC. Clerk to email to request an acknowledgement and reply. It was suggested that the UNIT tree might be planted opposite the Village Hall.

f.                     Litter Blitz 9/10 April – sacks will be available at 10.00am at the Village Hall on Saturday.

g.                   Standards Board Code of Conduct review – Chairman advised that there was no need to make an official response.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   P04/W1414  Sandy Lane Farmhouse, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – erection of new barn style building for established veterinary practice with practice nurse accommodation. New Klargester biodisc system. Formation of access and car parking.

Following excavation works on site and erection of temporary buildings an enforcement reference WE05/045 has been issued by SODC and the matter will be reported on within four weeks.

b.                   P05/W0033  Land adjacent to Sunnyside, Oxford Road, Tiddington – erection of new dwelling and parking space.

Decision: SODC granted.

c.                   P05/W0068  Tiddington Village Hall, Tiddington – single storey extension and alterations.

Decision: SODC granted.

d.                   P05/W0321  Sandy Lane Farm, Sandy Lane, Tiddington – conversion of existing veterinary surgery and adjacent barn to form a single dwelling and a single holiday let unit.

Decision: approved.

e.                   P05/W0332  Three Pigeons Public House, London Road, Milton Common – change of use from public house garden to touring caravan site.

Following discussion with Milton Common residents present, it was agreed to hold a further meeting on 18 April at 8.00pm in Tiddington Village Hall.

 

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  Community Green Waste Service – notice had been received that a green skip lorry may visit the villages between May and November. A decision will be made at SODC on 7 April.

b.                  Getting to Grips with Finance training day, 25 May, Didcot Civic Hall – no one to attend.

c.                  Review of Area Forums – agreed that the questionnaire should be completed by Chairman and Clerk.

d.                  New property, Brookside Close – the newly built house on the end of the terrace will be numbered 15.

e.                  Right of Way from Well Cottage to School Lane – a letter had been received from Mrs Tracey Smith informing the Council that the gate into School Lane was now padlocked. Agreed to write to OCC to ask when the decision will be made on the addition of the public footpath, as it is now over a year since the last communication, and to report the current situation.

f.                    Oxford Inspires is holding a meeting at Henley on 7 April to discuss the activities planned for 2007. Mr Stratton will go if possible.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Appointment of internal auditor – Mrs Papps has offered her services at a cost of £40.00. Mr Stratton proposed acceptance, seconded by Mr Field.

b.                  Clerk’s salary 2005/06 – following recommendations from a survey carried out by SLCC, it was proposed that the Clerk’s hours be increased to 5 per week to include editing of the Newsletter. With the nationally agreed increase in the pay scales, a salary of £2360.00p.a. was proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

c.                  Oxfordshire Association of Local Councils membership request was declined.

d.                  Membership of the Campaign to Protect Rural England at a cost of £25.00 was proposed by Mr Boughton, seconded by Mr Field.

e.                  Vitalise (previously Winged Fellowship Trust) donation request was declined.

f.                    Payment of £186.20 to Parchment (Oxford) Ltd for Newsletter printing April/May proposed by Mr Stratton, seconded by Mr Field.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mr Stratton drew attention to the notice in the Newsletter about a proposed no smoking policy for the Village Hall and urged everyone to fill in the form.

b.                   Mr Field reported that the road surface outside the Village Hall was subsiding. To be reported.

c.                   Mr Nowell-Smith informed the meeting that Mrs Purse would no longer represent the Council on OCC if re-elected in May as the Parish Council was moving into the Chalgrove District. Mr Nowell-Smith thanked Mrs Purse for all her efforts on our behalf over the years.

d.                   Mr Boughton reported on the interest rates he had researched at the different banks.

Mr Boughton also reported that there would be no advantages from twinning.

e.                   Mrs Purse confirmed that the pelican crossing allocation had been made and it was unlikely that the Parish Council would be expected to contribute any finances.

f.                     Mrs Horne from Milton Common reported the increased levels of noise from the M40, because of the volume of traffic and road surface. Agreed to write to Highways Agency to ask what plans they have for resurfacing in the near future or other suggestions for noise baffles.

g.                   Other concerns from Milton Common residents included the following:-

¨       No indication of turn into Old London Road by Chilworth House from London Road. Approaching from the Belfry direction, turning right is hazardous.

¨       Sandy Lane road surface bad but it does slow the traffic.

¨       Some 30mph signs are missing.

¨       Milton Common name signs on the A329 would alert motorists to the village.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 9 May 2005 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.05pm.