TIDDINGTON WITH ALBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Monthly Meeting

Monday 6 October, 2003, 8.00pm – at Tiddington Village Hall

 

MINUTES

 

 

Present:           Mr J Nowell-Smith (Chairman and District Councillor) Mr R Boughton, Mr K Field, Mr A Stratton, Mr W Tremayne, Mrs J Willis, Mrs S Willers (Rural Housing Enabler, ORCC) and Mrs A Purse (County Councillor)

                                                 

1.                   Apologies

No apologies

 

2.                   Approval of previously circulated minutes

Previously circulated minutes were approved and signed.

 

3.                   Matters arising from previous minutes

a.                   Affordable housing survey – Mrs Willers presented the results of the survey. 60 forms returned, a 24% response, was considered good and seven households completed the second part of the questionnaire. Mrs Willers recommended that four new homes might be built if a suitable site of about half an acre could be found. These homes should be made up of 2 x 1-bed flat for rent, 1 x 2-bed house for shared ownership and 1 x 3-bed house for rent. It was agreed to proceed and a working group of Mr Field and Mr Tremayne was formed. Mrs Willers will contact SODC Planning for a large-scale map and locations suggested will be studied.  

b.                   OCC Highway matters – Mr Field and Clerk are to meet with Gordon Hunt, Drainage Engineer, OCC, on 10 October to discuss flooding in Ickford Road.

Clerk had discussed various matters with the Highway Inspector, Michael Dickerson – unable to patch reported potholes and sunken highway because of cost; recommending repair of road outside The Fox and Garage and realignment of island. Mr Field reported that the island work is scheduled to start soon.

Further confirmation received of turning lorries at least once a day and Mrs Purse reported that Brian Short, OCC, had now suggested a sign at the Waterstock Turn to indicate access to M40 London bound via Milton Common.

c.                   SODC Community Waste Service – copies of the questionnaire asking for views on the service had been distributed with all Newsletters at the beginning of October.

d.                   Blood donor clinic – Mrs Willis reported that a minimum of 100 donors would need to be guaranteed and the clinic would visit three times a year for two sessions each time. The Village Hall would meet the criteria required for the premises. It was agreed to mention in Newsletter with slip for response and Mrs Willis’ phone number for contact.

e.                   Community Action Group – Kate Aydin or a colleague will attend the December meeting to discuss recycling initiatives.

f.                     Nuts and Bolts Training Day, Thame – the course on 29 November will take place. Mr Boughton expressed an interest in attending but Clerk to find out more details.

 

4.                   Planning matters

a.                   Planning training sessions have been arranged. Mr Field and Mr Tremayne to attend Wheatley on 9 October and Mrs Willis and Clerk to attend Thame on 23 October, both at 6.00pm.

b.                   P03/N0248/O  Lantern Service Station, Milton Common – outline application for demolition of existing garage and change of use to B1 office.

Decision: SODC granted.

c.                   P03/E0295  3 Albury View, Tiddington – erection of a conservatory to the rear of the dwelling.

Decision: SODC granted.

d.                   P03/W0864/RET  Treetops, 62 London Road, Milton Common – replacement of fence to rear of property (retrospective).

Decision: approval subject to no further vehicle access and preferably replacement of gates by fencing.

5.                   Correspondence

a.                  South Oxfordshire Local Plan 2011 revision consultation – it was agreed that no further response was needed from the Parish Council.     

b.                  Oxfordshire Structure Plan 2016 deposit draft consultation – agreed to circulate in wallet and discuss at November meeting. Councillors asked to ensure that all had read the document by the meeting. Particular concerns were the inroads into the Green Belt on the outskirts of Oxford and the possibility of a new gravel extraction site in the Stadhampton – Benson area.

c.                  SODC Licensing Policy consultation – changes to the licensing laws include the introduction of a single premises licence, a personal licence for a person authorised to sell alcohol and a streamlined process for small short-term events. It was agreed that no response needed from the Parish Council.

d.                  Oxfordshire Rural Community Council AGM, 30 October, 7.30pm, Horspath Village Hall – will include a presentation on affordable housing.

e.                  South East England Regional Assembly Regional Minerals strategy – Mrs Willis had studied the document and completed the questionnaire. It was agreed to respond.

f.                    South Oxfordshire’s Community Strategy – aims, objectives and targets of the South Oxfordshire Partnership for closer community working have been drafted and comments invited. Agreed that Chairman and Clerk will complete the questionnaire.

 

6.                   Financial matters

a.                  Notice board for Milton Common – approval in principal was proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mr Field. Clerk to seek approval from OCC Highways and obtain quotes from several suppliers.    

b.                  Audit for the year ended 31 March 2003 – completed on 18 September with no issues arising. Mr Tremayne proposed approval and acceptance of the Annual Return, seconded by Mr Field. 

c.                  Payment of £52.88 to MediaLane International for website management proposed by Mr Tremayne, seconded by Mrs Willis.

d.                  Payment of £142.56 to Parchment (Oxford) Ltd for Newsletter printing October/November proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mrs Willis.

e.                  Payment of £141.00 to HLB AV Audit proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Tremayne.

f.                    Payment of £141.00 to Robinson’s Garden Care for grass cutting in July proposed by Mr Field, seconded by Mrs Willis.

g.                  Payment of £52.00 to SODC for garden sacks proposed by Mrs Willis, seconded by Mr Tremayne.

 

7.                   Open discussion

a.                   Mrs Willis reported that she had received complaints from residents of North Close about the inconsiderate parking. It was agreed that emergency vehicles would be unable to access the Close at certain times of the day or night and it was suggested that restricting parking to one side of the road might help. Agreed that Clerk would draft a letter to all residents of the Close for Chairman to sign.

b.                   Mr Nowell-Smith commented that a local parish had negotiated a good deal for residents with the utilities.

 

8.                   Date of next meeting

Monday, 3 November 2003 at 8.00pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.25pm.